Monday, September 14, 2015

"Finally Home" - submitted by Theresa Ferrara

Tiny house vendors in Chester, Vermont.
(Photo by Denis Paul)
One cold dark night, in my travels
I thought I'd make a stop
I saw the cutest little village
Tiny homes with all blue tops

I came upon a sweet old man
Standing outside a little store
It all seemed so remarkable
He explained just what I saw

"This place is my salvation
This place is my new home.
I was cold, and I was hungry
And for so long, all alone.

But then, my prayers were answered
By some folks with real big hearts
I got a bed, and I was fed
Love gave me a brand new start.

I'm safe and warm and dry here
And the people oh so kind
I'm working hard and learning
Back to normal just in time.

You see, I had a good life,
But poor health and a few bad breaks
Left me broken and forgotten.
But one voice is all it takes.

It took one spark to light the flame
And just one great big dream
Hands joined as one to build a bridge
Across this troubled stream

No longer are we sad and lost
No longer do we roam
God bless these kind and generous folks
The homeless have a home."

No comments:

Post a Comment